WINTER HAVEN, Fla.--Christian Bourgea was 3-for-5 with a homerun and four RBI as the Keene State College baseball team picked up its second straight win with a 12-2 victory over Vassar College on Wednesday at Chain O' Lakes Stadium.
- Keene State: 4-4
- Vassar: 2-3
- The Owls face New England College in a doubleheader that begins at 9:30 a.m.
Tale of the Tape
- Every Owl starter had either a hit or an RBI. Joey Libby and Vinny Parilla each had two hits, while Trevor Chapin reached with two walks and drove in two runs. Dan Sarah was 1-for-1, walking three times and scoring twice.
- Bourgea, who had eight RBI in all of 2015, already has 11 in eight games this year.
- The Owls took advantage of wild pitching by the Brewers, walking 11 times over all and did not strikeout once.
- Noah Rizio picked up the win, scattering three hits in 5.1 innings of work. Keith Simpson made his fourth appearance of the season, allowing one hit and lowering his ERA to 1.59.
How It Happened
- Keene State jumped on board early, as Billy Hartmann drew a one out walk in the top of the first, and Bourgea crushed his second home run of the season to right field for a 2-0 lead.
- The Owls added three more in the top of the second, with Mac Struthers singling in Connor Longley, and Hartmann driving in Sarah with a sacrifice fly to center. Bourgea added another RBI with a single to left field.
- Bobby Kinne broke up the shutout with an RBI groundout in the bottom of the third; Rizio worked out of a tight spot with two on in the inning by getting Eric Strickland to groundout to first.
- Three straight singles, the last from Bourgea, brought in another run in the fourth. Chapin had a fielder's choice, and Parilla added an RBI single to center field.
- KSC added four more in the the fifth, taking advantage of a Vassar error and a 2-RBI double off the bat of Devin Springfield.