KEENE, N.H.--Jensyn Dandeneau had a hat-trick within the first 10 minutes of the game as the Keene State College field hockey team strolled to a 10-1 win over Salem State University in a Little East Conference game on Wednesday night at Owl Athletic Complex. It was the fourth straight win for the Owls.
- Keene State: 6-4, 5-1 LEC
- Salem State: 1-8, 0-6 LEC
How it Happened
The Owls were on the board 21 seconds into the contest, as Dandeneau skipped past defenders before beating Salem State goalie Gabriella Cerro. Dandeneau netted her second at the 7:03 mark, as Julia Babbitt's pass rolled across the frame of the goal and left her with an easy tap-in, before she completed the hat-trick less than 90 seconds later when she scored off a Kendal Brown assist.
The goals kept flowing for Keene State, as Babbitt scored at the 10:34 mark, and the Owls added more first half goals through Ally McCall, Kayla Klein, and Mia Brickley. The Vikings did get on the board with Vanessa Yavorski's goal five minutes before halftime, but the Owls still led 7-1 at the break.
Babbitt, Erica Chareth, and Nina Bruno all scored second half goals to complete the scoring. All three of KSC's goalie's saw time in the cage; Rachel Loseby started and played 14:29, followed by Paige Noble, who made one stop in 31:27 of action, and Jordan LaRaus, who played the final 24:04.
- The 10 goals were the most in a game this season for Keene State, and the most the Owls had scored in a game since an 11-3 win over Framingham State University on October 31, 2015.
- Dandeneau joined Bruno as the second member of the team this year to record a hat-trick. Bruno did so against Framingham State on September 7.
- The Owls outshot the Vikings 31-3.
- Keene State welcomes Westfield State, one of the two remaining teams undefeated in LEC play, to Owl Athletic Complex on Saturday for a 2:30 p.m. start.
- The Vikings host Framingham State on Saturday, with the game slated to start at noon.