KEENE, N.H.--Sophomore Jensyn Dandeneau netted her second hat-trick in as many games as the Keene State College field hockey team won its fifth straight game with a 6-1 decision over Westfield State University on Saturday at Owl Athletic Complex.
- Keene State: 7-4, 6-1 LEC
- Westfield State: 4-5, 4-2 LEC
How it Happened
Keene State was on the board 93 seconds into the game, when she poked home Julia Babbitt's finish from point blank range. Erica Chareth set up Dandeneau's second, at the 12:10 mark, and Kendal Brown made it 3-0 with a patended blast from the top of the circle from Nina Bruno's corner.
Dandeneau was on the other end of the Owls' next goal, as it was her pass that allowed Babbitt to score her fifth of the season in the 21st minute. Dandeneau added another assist on Bruno's goal with 47:04 on the clock that gave Keene State a 5-0 lead.
Westfield State got on the board with just under 10 minutes to go, with Cora Rogers' unassisted goal, but Dandeneau completed the hat-trick with 5:30 left in regulation. Keene State held a 28-11 advantage in shots, and a 7-4 lead in penalty corners.
- Keene State has outscored its last three opponents 21-2, scoring six goals or more in a game for the third time this season.
- After scoring 12 goals in 25 games as a freshman, Dandeneau now has eight in nine games as a sophomore. A season ago, she had a total of four game winning goals; this year she has three already.
- Loseby improved to 5-0 in the KSC cage.
- Keene State heads out of LEC play with a trip to Trinity College (CT) on October 4 at 6 p.m.
- Westfield State will host Elms College in a non-conference tilt on October 4 at 4 p.m.