DAVENPORT, Fla. - Seven different Owls found the back of the net on Wednesday evening, as the Keene State men's lacrosse program finished off their spring break contests with a wire to wire victory over non-conference opponent Hamilton, 14-7, at the Northeast Regional Park.
- Keene State: 3-2, 0-0 LEC
- Hamilton: 2-2, 1-1 NESCAC
How It Happened
The seven Keene State scorers were paced by juniors Hunter Arnold and Paul Beling, who both tallied a hat-trick, while senior Bryan Rotatori, senior Robert Hart and junior Frank Bacarella notched two goals and one assist apiece. Sophomore JJ Downey and freshman Anthony Marcella rounded out the scorers with one goal each.
Hamilton was led by Nate Weinrauch with two goals and one helper, while Jack Gault added two goals and Clay McCollom registered one goal and one assist.
The Owls took control from the start, firing off five unanswered goals to take a 5-0 lead with 5:03 remaining in the second quarter, capped off by an unassisted goal from Beling. Keene State held off Hamilton's offense for the first 27 minutes of action, before the Continentals struck with just under three minutes to go in the second stanza, closing out the half with three quick goals to bring the score to 5-3, Keene State, going into the break.
Hamilton cut its deficit to one to begin the half, but the Owls offense ignited for three consecutive goals, one each from Rotatori, Beling, and Bacarella, to extend their lead to 8-4 with 8:30 left in the third quarter. Two goals apiece from both sides brought the score to 10-6, as time expired in the third stanza.
The Continentals would find the back of the net one final time to come as close as three, 10-7, as Keene State closed out the fourth quarter on a 4-0 run with two goals from Arnold and one from both Rotatori and Hart to earn the double-up victory.
Inside the Crease
- Keene State finishes their spring break trip with a 2-0 record.
- With the win, Keene State snaps Hamilton's three-game win streak over the Owls for the first victory in the past four meetings.
- Keene State, the LEC's leading offensive team, has scored at least 10 goals in every game this year.
- Keene State will return North to host Bates in the 2017 home opener at the Owl Atheltic Complex on March 21st at 5 p.m.
- Hamilton heads home to Steuben Field and welcomes Nazareth on Wednesday, March 22nd for a 4 p.m. matchup.