KEENE, N.H. - The Keene State men's lacrosse program dropped a 15-9 decision to nationally-ranked Bates on Tuesday evening at the Owl Athletic Complex.
- Keene State: 3-3, 0-0 LEC
- No. 7 Bates: 6-0, 3-0 NESCAC
How It Happened
The Bobcats opened scoring with back-to-back goals, before junior Jon Nassif and senior Robert Hart both found the back of the net to bring the Owls even at two with 6:01 to go in the first quarter. Bates earned a final tally of the stanza for a one-point advantage at the end of one.
The visitors rattled off three unanswered goals to open up the second quarter, led by a pair of goals from Kyle Weber, before Keene State scored two of three remaining goals, off of efforts from junior Paul Beling and junior Frank Bacarella, as the Bobcats led 7-4 going into halftime.
Bates expanded their lead in the third quarter with a 8-0 advantage to take a commanding 15-4 lead over the Owls. Keene State was able to finish the contest on a high note, outscoring the Bobcats 5-0 in the final stanza, as five different Owls found the back of the net in the last 15 minutes.
Inside the Crease
- Beling and Bacarella each tallied two goals and one assist for Keene State, while senior Bryan Rotatori picked up a team-high five ground balls.
- Charlie Fay paced Bates with a game-high five goals and added one assist, followed bby Weber, who notched three goals and two assists.
- The Owls outshot the Bobcats 71-48, including a 31-2 edge in the fourth quarter.
- Mitchell Drake thwarted many of the Owls' goal scoring opportunities, as the Bates keeper made a career-high 27 saves, while Keene State split time between junior Mat Howe and freshman JJ Tinney. Howe recorded nine stops in 40:24 minutes, as Tinney followed with two save in 19:36 minutes.
- The Owls finished with 19 ground balls and had 19-of-23 successful clears.
- Keene State will return to the Owl Athletic Complex on Wednesday, March 29th at 7:00 p.m.
- Bates will clash with undefeated Willaims on Saturday, March 25th in NESCAC play at 1:00 p.m..