TROY, N.Y. - The Keene State men's soccer program dropped a non-conference matchup to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), 2-0, on Sunday afternoon at the East Campus Stadium.
- Keene State: 4-2-2, 2-0 LEC
- RPI: 6-2-0, 1-0 LL
How It Happened
RPI jumped onto the scoreboard midway through the first half, when Trevor Bisson capatilized on a partically cleared RPI corner kick from 30 yards out, after collecting a pass from Steven Collins, to give the Engineers a one-point advantage that continued into the break. In the 48th minute, RPI pushed its lead to a pair, when Austin Betterly sent a low cross into the box and to the foot of Dylan Confair, who fired off a shot into the right corner to net a goal.
Senior Promise Kpee attempted to cut the deficit for Keene State in the 63rd minute, but the forward's shot went high. The Owls had a pair of chances to gain one back late in the 75th and 76th minutes, but opportunities by seniors William Salta and Aidan Dean went wide.
Inside the Box
- In net, senior Jason Smith recorded five saves for the Owls, while the Engineers' goaltender Ryan Nealon was not forced to make a save, but intercepted multiple Owls crosses.
- RPI held a 16-5 edge over Keene State in shots.
- Keene State returns to the Owl Athletic Complex on Wednesday, Saturday 27th, when the Owls welcome Western New England for a 5:00 p.m. non-conference tilt.
- RPI will travel to Skidmore on Saturday, September 30th for a 2:00 p.m. Liberty League game.