PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Keene State men's soccer program fell to Rhode Island College, 1-0, in a Little East Conference (LEC) contest on Saturday afternoon at Alumni Field.
- Keene State: 6-5-4, 2-2-2 LEC
- Rhode Island College: 7-7-1, 4-2-0 LEC
How It Happened
Rhode Island College tallied the first goal of the game in the 15th minute when Elimane Seye headed in his third goal of the year after a crossing pass from Dennis Vazquez. Keene State answered back with two chances in the 16th and 20th minute, but freshman Clinton Mungeta's shot went high and senior Aidan Dean's opportunity hit the post. Vazquez had a chance to put the Anchormen up by two goals with just under two minutes left in the stanza, but his free kick from 30 yards out hit the cross bar to keep the one goal lead heading into halftime.
With 1:24 remaining in regulation, sophomore Dale Dubinsky aimed to score the equalizer, but his shot was saved by Anchormen's Charlie Tashjian, as Seye's goal proved to be the game-deciding goal.
Inside the Box
- RIC had a 20-6 advantage in shots for the contest, while both teams had two corner kicks.
- In goal, Smith registered five saves for the Owls, while Tashjian made one stop for the Anchormen.
- Keene State will host Saint Joseph's (Me.) on Wednesday, October 25th at 7:00 p.m.
- Rhode Island College will travel to Johnson and Wales for a 4:00 p.m. non-conference contest on Tuesday, October 24th.
(Portions of this release courtesy of Rhode Island College)