GORHAM, Maine – For the first time since 2005, the Keene State College men's soccer team runs their winning streak to seven games following a 3-0 victory over the University of Southern Maine in Little East Conference action Wednesday evening.
- Keene State: 9-3-0, 5-0-0 LEC
- Southern Maine: 2-10-1, 1-4-0 LEC
How It Happened
Keene State flexed their offensive muscle early on as they struck in the 15th minute. Donovan Harris used a drop pass to Emmanuel Smith in the box, and Smith used a one-timer strike to find the far corner, making in 1-0. The Owls were held to just one goal in the first half, despite outshooting the Huskies 11-4.
Keene State extended their lead five minutes following halftime. Smith threaded a through ball finding Wesley McIntosh who scored on the breakaway. Connor Downey put the finish touch on the game as he found the back of the net in the 67th minute, with the assist going to Samuel Binogono.
Inside the Box
- Anthony Pasciuto picked up three saves on the evening to collect his fourth shutout of the year.
- Charlie Mull stopped five shots for the hosts.
- The Owls outshot the Huskies 20-12, while both teams had four corners.
- Both Emmanuel Smith and Wesley McIntosh have scored at least once in the last three games.
- Following Keene State's 3-0 victory, the Owls lead the all-time series 22-6-4.
- Keene State has now won seven games in a row, which is the longest winning streak since they began the 2005 season 8-0.
- The Owls are 5-0-0 in Little East Conference play for the first time since 2005
- Keene State heads back home as they take on Western Connecticut State University on Saturday, October 13 for Senior Day, starting at 1 p.m.
- Southern Maine travels down to Dartmouth, as they take on UMass Dartmouth on Saturday, starting at 1 p.m.