NORTH ADAMS, Mass. – Led by LJ Luster the Keene State College men's soccer team blanked Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts 1-0 in non-conference action on Wednesday evening.
- Keene State: 12-4-0
- MCLA: 0-14-1
How It Happened
In the first half, Keene State controlled play, as the Owls fired nine shots compared to just one for MCLA. That lone shot did not come until the 40th minute. KSC continued to lay on the pressure in the second half, as Donovan Harris ripped a shot from the top of the box that was deflected and fell right to Luster. He headed it home for his first goal of the season and in the process gave Keene State a 1-0 advantage.
The Owls would not back down on the attack, as Keene had the next five shots in the game. The Trailblazers would get an offensive opportunity in the 68th minute, as the hosts had four straight shots while sprinkling in four corners in a nine-minute stretch. The Owls nearly pushed the lead to 2-0 as an MCLA defender blocked a Samuel Binogono shot from within the box. In the final minute, the Trailblazers had an all-out attack, but Keene State was able to withstand the onslaught and finish the shutout.
Inside the Box
- Gavin Fitzpatrick records five saves to pick up his third clean sheet of 2018.
- Holvin Nieves had eight stops for MCLA.
- The Owls had a 23-10 advantage in the shot department, while the Trailblazers had a 6-4 lead in corner kicks.
- This is Keene State's eighth shutout of the year.
- Following tonight's win, Keene State increases their lead in the all-time series to 18-2.
- It is the first time since 2014 that the Owls have eclipsed the 12-win mark.
- Keene State wraps up the regular season on Saturday as they take on UMass Boston in the Little East Conference finale, starting at 4 p.m.
- MCLA hits the road as they take on Bridgewater State on Friday, October 26th, with kickoff slated for 4 p.m.