KEENE, N.H.--The Keene State College cross country team got the 2018 season under way by hosting the Keene State Rust Buster on Saturday at Owl Athletic Complex. The Owls took home team titles in both races.
- The Owls took three of the top five and and five of the top 10 places to claim the win with 26 points. Rob St. Laurent took home second place in 16:43.8, with Cameron Stinchfield in third in 17.09.9. Cameron Giordano was in fifth place in 17:22.4, with Gavin Thomas in seventh in 17:25.6 and Tyler DeChane in ninth in 17:38.8.
- Other KSC runners included Zach Coburn, who was 12th in 18:14.0, Alex Medina in 14th in 18:31.9, Tristram Patoine in 18:37.7, Jacob Whitfield in 18:49.7, and Dylan Richards in 18:50.4.
- Joseph Santese of Nichols College won the individual race in 16:40.9, while the Bison were second as a team with 44 points, followed by Husson (59 points) and Northern Vermont-Johnson (118 points)
- Lauren Perkowski took home medalist honors with a time of 12:12.8, as the Owls dominated the top five en route to the win.
- Alana Olendorf was second in 12:32.0, followed by Lynne Hebert in third in 12:38.6, Laura Dawson in fourth in 13:00.6, and Brittany Gravallese in fifth in 13:19.3
- Keene State easily took home the title with 15 points, ahead of Husson, who finished with 43 points, and NVU-Johnson, which finished with 85 points.
The Owls are next in action at the Smith College Invitational on September 8.