SPRINGFIELD, Mass.--The Keene State College softball team was swept it the final non-conference doubleheader of the season, falling to Springfield College 8-0 and 11-0.
- Keene State: 14-16
- Springfield: 30-7
How it Happened - Game One
The Owls were limited to one hit in the opener, while the Pride scored in the final three innings to take the win.
After a scoreless first inning, Springfield broke through in the second on a 2-RBI single from pitcher Talia Loda.
Shae Crosby picked up the Owls' hit, singling through the right side in the top of the third. Springfield scored three more times in both the third and fourth innings.
How it Happened - Game Two
The Owls' best chance to score came in the top of the fifth, as Brittany DaMota drew a one out walk and moved into scoring position on Elwell's bunt single. Boduch bunted both runners over, but Kayla Votto lined out to shortstop to end the threat.
Springfield put up eight runs in the second inning to put the game out of reach.
Indorf (0-5) started, while Bielak and Molly St. Germain also saw time in the circle.
Around the Horn
- DaMota extended her streak of reaching base to nine consecutive games.
- Boduch made her first start of the season at shortstop in game two, while Elwell started her first game in the outfield.
- The Pride, who have been nationally ranked for much of the season, were ranked third in the latest NCAA New England Regional Rankings.
- Keene State hits the road for the final time in the regular season, heading to Plymouth State on Thursday for a doubleheader that was originally scheduled for April 25. First pitch is scheduled for 3:30.
- The Pride will open the NEWMAC tournament on Friday, April 28 at home against an opponent to be determined.