Mar 06, 2018
AMHERST, Mass. - The Keene State women's lacrosse team fell to No. 20 Amherst, 20-1, on Tuesday evening in a non-conference game at Gooding Field.
- Keene State: 0-3
- No. 20 Amherst: 2-0
Inside the Box
- Sophomore Gabby Smith scored the lone goal for the Owls off a feed from Ali Daisy with 21:32 remaining in the first half.
- Senior Taylor Farland registered a team-high four draw controls for Keene State, while senior Tori Weinstock recorded two caused turnovers, two draw controls and one ground ball. For Amherst, Lindsey Call led the way with four goals, while Claire Dunbar, Julia Crerend, and Maya Noyes each tallied three goals.
- Between the pipes, junior Anna O'Brien made five saves in 19:59 minutes for the Owls, while freshman Joanna Steinhauer recorded four saves in 20:01 minutes. Talia Land picked up one save in 60 minutes for the Mammoths.
- Amherst held a slight 14-10 advantage in draw controls over Keene State and picked up 19 ground balls to the Owls five.
- Keene State will travel to Wheaton for a non-conference matchup on Friday, March 9th, beginning at 3:00 p.m.
- Amherst will host Bowdoin on Saturday, March 10th for a 12:00 p.m. contest.