KEENE, N.H. - The Keene State College women's soccer program picked up its second-straight win in dominating fashion by defeating Colby-Sawyer College, 4-0, in the Owl Athletic Complex on Saturday afternoon.
- Keene State: 3-1
- Colby-Sawyer: 1-2
- Keene State heads out on the road again to Framingham State on Wednesday, September 14th at 4 p.m., in the final game before opening conference play.
- Colby-Sawyer returns home to take on Lasell College on Wednesday, for a 4 p.m. matchup.
Tale of the Tape
- The two teams now hold a recent series of 2-1-1, with Keene State leading over Colby-Sawyer, but have an overall series of 5-2-2, Keene State.
- Four different Owls scored in the win over the Chargers.Senior Brittany Tolla scored in her second consecutive game of the season, after netting the game winner against Lasell earlier in the week.
- Keene State held an tremendous advantage in corner kicks, 15-2, and held a 21-10 margin in shots over Colby-Sawyer.
- Senior Danielle Warhall collected three saves for the Owls on the contest, while Sam Mitchell saw three saves and Marissa Williams picked up four saves for the Chargers.
First Half Highlights
- Both teams produced goal-scoring chances within the opening minutes of the game, as a shot by Amanda Martin in the fourth minute was high and a header off of junior Tori Laires from a corner kick sailed over the cross bar in the 14th minute.
- After many through ball attempts, Tolla had a chance to put the Owls on the board in the 29th minute, but the shot was collected by Mitchell.
- Keene State finally broke the scoring drought in the 40th minute, as sophomore Patricia Norton collected a ball at the top of the box and fed it to senior Sierra Trzepacz, who fired it into the back of the net.
- The strong defense by the Owls in the first half kept the Chargers to only three shots and one corner kick.
Second Half Highlights
- Keene State doubled its lead early in the 55th minute with a quick run and shot from Tolla, placing the ball right past Mitchell.
- In the 71st minute, Patiricia Norton scored her first goal of the season off of a corner kick serve from freshman Quinn Dorogi.
- Colby-Sawyer had a chance to score during a counter-attack in the 78th minute, but the opportunity was thwarted outside the box by Nicole De Almeida, helping Keene State hold the clean sheet.
- Shortly after re-entering the game in the 85th minute, Tolla dribbled up the right side of the box and hit a quick pass to Morgan Kathan, who netted the final tally of the afternoon into the left corner.