Sep 24, 2016
GORHAM, Maine - A strong offensive showing led the Keene State women's soccer program to a 7-1 victory over Southern Maine on Saturday afternoon at Hannaford Field.
- Keene State: 6-2, 2-0 LEC
- Southern Maine: 3-5, 0-2 LEC
- Keene State travels to Middlebury on Wednesday, September 28th for a 4 p.m. game.
- Southern Maine stays at home to play Colby on Tuesday, September 27th at 4 p.m.
Tale of the Tape
- Southern Maine has only beaten Keene State once, as the Owls lead the all-time series 20-1-1 over the Huskies.
- This is the third consecutive win for the Owls.
- Keene State outshot Southern Maine 33-7, including a 20-3 advantage in the second half. The Owls had 13 corner kicks to the Huskies' one.
First Half Highlights
- Taylor Farland struck first in the 13th minute, finishing a through ball pass from Brittany Tolla and placing the ball low towards the far post to give Keene State the early lead.
- Katie Silegy and Tori Laires connected on a corner kick, as Silegy's kick found the head of Laires in the 16th minute.
- In the 23rd minute, Silegy netted one of her own, off of a feed from Farland.
- Patricia Norton carried the ball up the right side of the field and placed a shot in the back of the net in the 30th minute, to lead the Owls into halftime with a 4-0 lead.
Second Half Highlights
- After 26 scoreless minutes to open up the second half, Laires netted her second goal of the game after finishing a corner kick, served from Farland.
- Patricia Norton scored again in the 79th minute off a deflected shot from Morgan Kathan, who then netted the final goal for the Owls just three minutes later off a through ball from Silegy.
- Olivia Mull snapped the Owls chance for a shutout in the 90th minute, as Mull finished a corner kick from Analies Ross-Dyjak.