PLYMOUTH, N.H. - The Keene State women's soccer program struck four times in the first half en route to a 5-2 Little East Conference (LEC) win over New Hampshire rival Plymouth State on Saturday afternoon.
- Keene State: 8-4-0, 3-1-0 LEC
- Plymouth State: 4-6-0, 0-4 LEC
How It Happened
Keene State got on the board first midway through the first half, as senior Tori Laires sent a pass to senior Katie Silegy, who found the back of the net at the 18:23 mark. Silegy added another just 1:59 later, for a team leading seven goals on the season to put the Owls up 2-0. Junior Stephanie Spitz gave Keene State a three-goal advantage in the 29th minute, before senior Morgan Kathan set up senior Julia Pearson to push the Owls' lead to four at the 35:24 mark, as the two teams went into the break with a 4-0 Keene State advantage.
The Owls added one more on the afternoon when senior Taylor Farland connected with senior Kali Santino, who fired off a shot in the 56th minute. Plymouth State spoiled Keene State's shutout in the 61st minute, when Mallory Lloyd set up Kate Martin for the Panthers first tally. The home team scored one more before time expired as Caitlin Catania collected a pass from Mallory Lloyd at the 86:02 mark for a final score of 5-2 in favor of Keene State.
Inside the Box
- Keene State dominated by holding a 21-10 advantage, including a 12-3 edge in the first half, in shots over 90 minutes of play, yet Plymouth State earned five corner kicks to the Owls' one.
- Rookie goaltenders Shelby Offord and Abbie Terrinca split time in goal for the Owls, as Offord started the game and tallied one save, while Terrinca came on for relief and recorded four saves. Leandra Nault and Molly Robinson also split time for the Panthers, as Nault registered five saves and Robinson stopped two.
- Keene State will host Amherst on Tuesday, October 10th for a non-conference matchup at 6:00 p.m.
- Plymouth State will travel to New England College on Wednesday, October 11th at 7:00 p.m.