- Keene State: 2-4-0
- Westfield State: 3-2-1
How It Happened
Westfield State came out on the attack early, firing their first shot under a minute in, and then finding the back of the net on their second shot. Morgan Remington was able to beat the last Keene State defender and flicked the ball over the charging goalie in the 5th minute. In the 26th minute, Shelby Offord made a great charging stop on the Westfield State forward, as the sophomore keeper rushed the runaway striker and made a sliding stop to keep the deficit to just one goal. WSU had another breakaway chance, but this time Offord did not have to make a save as the Westfield State attacker shanked the ball left of the cage. Keene State had three offensive chances in the 34th minute as the hosting Owls fired three shots inside the box, but could not beat the keeper.
Following the break, Westfield State found themselves on the attack again. In a two-minute span, WSU had three shots on goal and a pair of corner kicks. The road Owls' came within inches of taking the 2-0 lead in the 50th minute, but the point-blank shot was saved by a KSC defender on the goal line. Westfield would eventually take the two-goal lead, as Nicole Chretien sprung Gianna Moncecchi down the sideline, and she was able to tickle the twine by putting the shot in the top corner of the net. Keene State's closest chance of pulling back within one happened in the 63rd minute, as Alex Kennedy rifled her shot that hit the crossbar.
Outside the Box
- In the net for Keene State, Offord made seven saves while her opposition Natalia Falcone picked up four stops.
- KSC held the slight advantage in the shots department, as they outshot Westfield State 14-12.
- Westfield State was very aggressive with their runs to goal, as the Owls were caught seven times offside.
- Tonight marked the first time since September 5th, 2012 that Westfield State took down Keene State.
- KSC still leads the all-time series over WSU 18-6-1
- Keene State will travel down to North Dartmouth, Mass as the Owls will take on UMass Dartmouth next Wednesday, September 26th. Kickoff for the Little East Conference matchup is slated to begin at 7 p.m.
- Westfield State sticks to the road as they head to western Massachusetts to take on MCLA on Saturday, September 22nd, starting at 1 p.m.