PLYMOUTH, N.H. - A pair of second-half goals from Plymouth State University, lift the Panthers over Keene State College in Little East Conference action on Saturday, October 6th at Arold Field.
- Keene State: 2-7-1, 0-3-1 LEC
- Plymouth State: 6-3-2, 2-3-0 LEC
How It Happened
In the 10th minute, Shelby Offord made back-to-back saves, as the sophomore was able to tip a shot, and recover and pounce on the rebound before Plymouth was able to score. The Panthers would continue to keep the pressure on the Owls as they would outshoot the visitors 9-3 in the opening 45 minutes.
Keene's first real scoring chance came in the 52nd minute. Jordyn Abasciano launched a turnaround shot from the top of the 18 toward the near post that went sailed wide. The Panthers finally break through 90 seconds later. A Keene State foul led to a free kick from 20 yards out on the right side. Mallory Lloyd sent the ball to the far post, where a leaping Kate Martin headed it into the open net. The Owls immediately responded. Rachel Braun streaked down the right side and past the PSU defense, but freshman goalkeeper Cat Robbins was able to corral her shot.
Sarah Hicks added an insurance goal in the 85th minute. With freshman Emily Geyselaers streaking toward the net, Hicks sent a ball from the right side on target. Offord came sliding out to make break it up, but the ball caromed right back to Hicks, who fired it into the open net.
Outside the Box
- Shelby Offord picked up six saves for the visiting Owls.
- Cat Robbins registered three stops for the Panthers, as she picked her third shutout of the season.
- Plymouth State outshot Keene State 18-7 while maintaining a 5-3 margin on corner kicks.
- With the Panthers win today, the Owls now lead the all-time series 30-7-3.
- Keene State returns home as they take on Worcester State on Monday night at 6:30 p.m.
- Plymouth State hits the road as they take on Castleton in Little East Conference action on Wednesday, October 10, with 7 p.m. start time.