DANSBURY, CONN. – The Keene State College women's soccer team fell to Western Connecticut State University 1-0 in Little East Conference action, Saturday afternoon.
- Keene State: 3-9-1, 0-5-1 LEC
- Western Conn: 9-6-0, 5-1-0 LEC
How It Happened
Keene State jumped out on the attack early, as Stephanie Spitz fired the first two shots of the contest in the opening five minutes of play. Western Connecticut flipped the momentum as the Colonials took the next 10 shots over the next 15 minutes. West Conn finally broke through in the 37th minute as Bailey McCollum found the back of the net off a free kick, 43 yards out. WCSU would take their 1-0 lead into the intermission outshooting Keene State 16-6.
Western Connecticut continued the momentum into the second half, but Shelby Offord was able to keep the Colonials from expanding on their lead.
Inside the Box
- Abbie Terrinca and Offord split the time in cage for the Owls, combining for nine saves.
- Karly Martin made two stops to pick up the clean sheet.
- West Conn outshot the Owls 25-10, while only having a 6-3 advantage in the corner kick department
- Keene State returns home as they host Bridgewater State on Wednesday, October 17, starting at 6 p.m.
- West Conn has a quick turnaround as they host Lehman on Sunday, October 14 at 12 p.m.