KEENE, N.H. – Three-second half goals by Keene State College, propels the Owls past Bridgewater State University in non-conference action, Wednesday night.
- Keene State: 4-9-1
- Bridgewater State: 6-5-2
How It Happened
Jordyn Abasciano recorded a pair of goals and added an assist just over 20 minutes of play as the Owls rally past the Bear.
In the opening half, neither team established an offensive possession, but Bridgewater State would get on the board with three minutes left before halftime. Amelia Burke was able to cause a turnover and crossed the ball into the box, where Taylor Loyd was able to head the ball into the back of the net.
Keene State was able to create an offensive opportunity in the second half. Abasciano was able to tie the game in the 67th minute. Victoria Reynolds sent a through ball, splitting the Bears defense and freeing Abasciano who scored in the low corner. Bridgewater State nearly regained the lead minutes later as Abbie Terrinca made four diving saves in a matter of 30 seconds.
With the momentum on the Owls' side, Abasciano scored her second goal of the game, as she scored off the rebound generated by the Sarah Carron shot. The Bear had another scoring chance as Nicole Simas' header caromed off the crossbar.
Keene State would add another goal with just 34 seconds on the clock as Kaliana Palhof scored off a rebound from a shot by Abasciano.
Outside the Box
- Abbie Terrinca recorded nine stops in the second half, while Shelby Offord picked up a pair of saves in the opening 45 minutes.
- Kellie Souza collected five saves for Bridgewater State.
- The Bears outshot the Owls 19-13, but both teams had 13 shots in the second half.
- BSU maintained a 6-1 advantage in corner kicks for the game.
- Keene State is now 3-1-0 against Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference opponents. Wins over Framingham State, Worcester State, and Bridgewater State. The lone loss is to Westfield State.
- Following tonight's game, the Owls improve their advantage in the all-time series, 19-1-1.
- Keene State returns home as they take on Castleton in Little East Conference action on Saturday, October 20, starting at 1 p.m.
- Bridgewater State heads home as they host Mass. Maritime on Saturday, starting at 12 p.m.