KEENE, N.H. – The Keene State College women's soccer team senior day was spoiled by a 4-0 loss delivered by Castleton University in Little East Conference action, Saturday afternoon.
- Keene State: 4-10-1, 0-6-1 LEC
- Castleton: 7-10-0, 4-3-0 LEC
How It Happened
The Spartans were able to apply the pressure early on. They got their first two shots on within 30 seconds in the opening two minutes. Castleton cracked the scoring column halfway through the first half. Julia Carone was able to cross the ball through the box and Taylor Mann got a foot on it to put the Spartans up 1-0 in the 27th minute. Neither team was able to generate another scoring chance before halftime.
Keene State came out of halftime on the offensive, but they were caught on the counter-attack in the 65th minute, as Mann crossed the ball from the bottom of the box and found Makenzi Bellando who headed the ball in the net. 90 seconds later Castleton increased their lead to 3-0 as Rylee Nichols headed the ball to Julia Carone who made it 3-0. The Spartans were not finished on the offensive end, as Natasha Silva found the back of the cage with just 13 seconds remaining before the final whistle.
Inside the Box
- Abbie Terrinca and Shelby Offord split the time in the cage for the Owls, combining for seven saves.
- Loren Henderson picked up the shutout following a pair of saves.
- Castleton outshot Keene State 12-8, while both teams had three corner kicks.
- The Spartans were caught offsides nine times in today's game, increasing the Owls total to 72 offsides called on their opponent.
- Keene State hits the road as they take on Endicott on Tuesday, October 23, starting at 5 p.m.
- Castleton continues their New Hampshire road trip as they battle Colby-Sawyer on Tuesday, at 3:30 p.m.