MEDFORD, Mass. - Standout performances from sophomore Jared Hannon and senior Katelyn Terry highlighted the afternoon for the Owls, as the Keene State men's and women's track and field program competed in the Tufts Invitational on Saturday at the Gantcher Center.
- Hannon added strong marks once again on the track and in the field events. The sophomore won the long jump with a mark of 6.42 meters and turned in a fourth place finish in the triple jump with a leap of 11.66 meters. Hannon also competed in the 200 meter dash, taking 15th place with a time of 24.06.
- The Owls had multiple runners in the 3000 meter run, as junior Philip Parent recorded a 10th place finish in 9:25.66, followed by junior Ian Connell in 11th place in 9:28.36 and junior Ben Macdonald recorded a 13th place finished in 9:38.14.
- In the 600 meter dash, sophomore Tyler Dechane registered a time of 1:29.89 for 16th place.
- Connell and Dechane also competed in the 1000 meter run, placing in 14th and 15th place, respectively. Connell crossed the line in 2:48.86 and Dechane finsihed in 2:48.94, finishing only a few hundredths of a second apart.
- K. Terry led the way for the Owls, as the senior was victorious in the 600 meter run, finishing in first in 1:38.74, while Lindsey Terry followed in sixth place in 1:44.27.
- In the 1000 meter run, senior Alyssa Lombardi took second overall, crossing the line in 3:14.94, as first-year Lauren Perkowski ran the 3000 meter run in 11:30.43 for fifth place.
- Nicole De Almeida also posted strong times on the track, as the freshman registered a fifth place finish in the 400 meter dash with a time of 1:03.47 and sprinted to an 11th place finish in the 200 meter dash with a time of 28.38 seconds.
- The 4 x 400 meter relay team of K. Terry, L. Terry, De Almeida and sophomore Brittany Gravallese teamed up for a second-place finish with a time of 4:09.14.
- Keene State is back in action on Saturday, January 21st, as the Owls travel to Bates College for the Bates Invitational.