BRIDGEWATER, Mass. - Led by first place finishes from sophomore Jared Hannon and senior Katelyn Terry, the Keene State men's and women's track and field program opened up the 2017 outdoor campaign at the Bridgewater State Invitational, hosted by Bridgewater State, on Saturday afternoon.
- Jared Hannon continued his strong sophomore campaign by claiming first in the long jump with a mark of 6.54 meters, followed by a fifth place mark in the triple jump with a leap of 11.88 meters. Hannon also competed in the 200 meter dash and took 16th overall with a time of 23.74.
- Sophomore Tyler DeChane placed sixth in the 800 meter in 2:04.90 and finished 14th in the 1500 meter run in 4:19.34.
- Three Owls finished in the top-15 in the 5000 meter run, as sophomore Philip Parent claimed ninth in 15:53.16, sophomore Iid Sheikh-Yusuf was 11th in 16:08.50 and junior Ian Connell finished 14th in 16:12.00.
- Keene State's 4x400 meter relay notched a time of 3:36.57 for third place.
- In the javelin throw, senior Alex Magoon recorded a mark of 45.79 meters for 15th place.
- It was a terrific opening meet for the duo of K. Terry and senior Lindsey Terry in their final track and field season at Keene State. K. Terry toppped her competition in the 800 meter run, as the senior finished first in 2:28.05, while L. Terry took eighth place in a time of 2:33.53.
- In the 400 meter run, three Owls produced top-ten times, as K. Terry finished in second place, L. Terry followed in fourth place and freshman Nicole De Almeida earned tenth place. K. Terry recorded a time of 1:00.12, while L. Terry registered a time of 1:01.92 and De Almeida finished in 1:04.08.
- Senior Alyssa Lombardi crossed the line in the 5000 meter run in 19:04.95, while senior Alana Olendork crossed the line first in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 13:09.13.
- The 4x400 relay team combined for a second place finish in 4:17.57, just .54 seconds behind first place.
- Freshman Taylor Bisaillon claimed 10th place in the javelin throw with a mark of 33.97 meters.
- Keene State will travel to Tufts for the Snowflake Classic on Saturday, April 1st, beginning at 10 a.m.