What do I have to do to be eligible at Keene State College?
1.) Be enrolled as a full-time, matriculated, student. What does this mean?
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits.
- Exception: A senior in their final semester may take less than 12 credits if those courses are the only ones remaining they need to complete their graduation requirements.
- Do not drop a class without adding another one! Dropping a class can have major ramifications on your teams' success as well as your academic eligibility.
2.) Keep a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
- If your GPA is between a 1.0 and a 2.0, you may practice, but cannot compete in games. Please understand that practicing after the first game in the traditional season (the one that ends in a championship) will use a season of participation, regardless of whether you took part in that game or not.
3.) Continually making progress towards your degree. There are two ways to do this.
- Pass 24 credits over the previous two semesters at Keene State.
- Have an average of 12 credits passed per full time term while enrolled at Keene State
4.) Complete all required medical paperwork
- Have proof of medical insurance on file with the Athletic Training office
- Have an updated medical history on file with the Athletic Training office.
- Provide confirmation of your sickle cell status or sign the waiver and complete the required education.
- New student-athletes must have had a physical within six months of their first practice.
5.) Attend your teams' NCAA rules meeting each fall. Contact your head coach for the specific date.
Questions? Contact Abe Osheyack, Assistant AD for Compliance, at Abe.Osheyack@keene.edu.