The Theta Chapter of Chi Alpha Sigma was founded at Keene State College in 2017. The National College Athlete Honor Society was founded at DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana, on May 17, 1996, by DePauw head football coach and professor of kinesiology, Nick Mourouzis. Mourouzis recognized that there were many organizations that honored top or elite athletes with high academic achievements, but none that honored all participants of athletic teams who were letter winners of their sport and who maintained a high cumulative grade point average. Chi Alpha Sigma hopes to bring honor and recognition to deserving student-athletes, their families, teams, athletic departments, and colleges in much the same way as Phi Beta Kappa honors scholastics.
Criterion for induction include:
- Must attend a four-year accredited college or university that is a member of the NCAA or NAIA
- Must have earned a letter in a varsity intercollegiate sport sponsored by the NCAA or the NAIA.
- Must have achieved at least junior academic standing by the fifth semester or seventh quarter as determined by the certifying institution.
- Must have achieved a minimum cumulative 3.4 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent grade point average by the time of the selection process. Local chapters may require a higher minimum cumulative grade point average, if they choose.
- Must be of good moral character.
|Jared Hannon||J.J. Tinney|
|Emily Jarka||Dale Dubinsky|
|Katharine Lynch||Lynne Hebert|
|Gavin Thomas||Hailey Beaupre|
|Julia Babbitt||Olivia Pechulis|
|Mia Brickley||Ally McCall|
|Josh DeGrenier||Ryan Linehan|
|Paul Beling||Sophie Bushey|
|Joseph Downey||Rebecca Freitas|
|Charles Molloy||Nicole De Almeida|
|Julie Elwell||Erin Morley|
|Olivia Indorf||Sydney McGough|