KEENE, N.H. - Fourteen different Owls found the back of the net, as the Keene State men's lacrosse program shutout Salem State in the second half of a 22-2 Little East Conference win at the Owl Athletic Complex on Saturday afternoon.
- Keene State: 6-3, 2-0 LEC
- Salem State: 2-6, 0-1 LEC
How It Happened
Senior Tyler Reilly scored a game-high three goals, while six Owls registered two goals each. Senior Curt Serafini added two goals with two assists, while junior Mitch Hale tallied one goal with three helpers.
For Salem State, Max Trifone recorded one goal and one assist, while Michael Trifone scored one goal.
The Owls led wire to wire, as Keene State jumped out to a 3-0 lead after the first five minutes of play, with goals from Reilly, junior Paul Beling and junior Hunter Arnold. The Vikings cut their deficit to two with 9:04 on the clock, as Max Trifone connected with Michael Trifone, but the Owls responded with eight unanswered goals to end the first quarter with a double-digit lead, 11-1. Salem State would be unable to overcome their early deficit, as Keene State used a balanced offense to score 22 goals at the end of the fourth stanza.
Inside the Crease
- Today's win featured the Owls most dominating offense and an efficient defense, as Keene State scored a season-high 22 goals and allowed the fewest amount of goals of the season.
- Keene State has won 11 consecutive contests over Salem State.
- Senior John Debenedet scooped up a game-high six ground balls, followed by Greg Shawinsky, as the junior picked up five ground balls and went 16-of-18 from the faceoff 'x'.
- Four Owls saw equal time between the pipes, with freshman J.J. Tinney making two saves. For the Vikings, Kevin Lally and Chris Schaub split the halves, with Lally stopping a game-high seven shots.
- Keene State will face their fifth and final NESCAC team in the regular season, as the Owls take on Bowdoin at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 11th.
- Salem State will continue their LEC competition, when the Vikings host Plymouth State on Monday, April 10th at 7:00 p.m.