BRISTOL, R.I. - The Keene State men's soccer program suffered its first loss of the season 3-1 in a non-conference matchup against Roger Williams on Saturday afternoon of the RWU Invitational.
- Keene State: 0-1-0
- Roger Williams: 1-0-0
How It Happened
Keene State jumped out to an early lead as freshman Benny Tamzarian scored his first collegiate goal, 16:30 into the contest, giving the Owls the quick 1-0 lead. The Hawks evened the score 10 minutes later as Jacob Grant beat freshman Gavin Fitzpatrick. The game would remain tied heading into the intermission.
Both teams would remain tied until late into the second half until RWU broke the tie when Ryan Miller scored in the 84th minute. The lead would quickly expand as Colby Decker padded the lead four minutes later, with the assist by Grant.
Inside the Box
- Between the pipes, Fitzpatrick registered three saves for the Owls, while Edmund Geschickter picked up four for the Hawks over 90 minutes of play.
- Roger Williams held an 11-10 advantage in shots over Keene State and RWU had both corner kicks in the contest.
- Keene State now holds an all-time record of 3-2-1 against the Hawks.
- Keene State will take on Colby-Sawyer in the consolation game of the RWU Invitational on Sunday, September 2nd at 11 a.m.
- Roger Williams will take on their in-state rival in the RWU Invitational championship game tomorrow, with a 1:30 p.m.