BRISTOL, R.I. - The Keene State men's soccer team was led by Jonah Smith, as he scored twice in the second half to top Colby-Sawyer 2-1 on Sunday afternoon at the RWU Invitational.
- Keene State: 1-1-0
- Colby-Sawyer: 0-2-0
How It Happened
Colby-Sawyer got on the board first in the 38th minute. Tim Driscoll was able to find the back of the cage, giving the Chargers the lead. CSC would take the one-goal advantage into the break before the Owls cracked the scoring column. Smith scored his first collegiate goal at 53:17, as LJ Luster and Luca Amerena recorded assists on the equalizer.
Smith would provide the heroics for Keene State, as the sophomore would once again beat the Chargers' keeper, but this time the assist went to Connor Downey with just 10 minutes remaining in regulation. The Owls would keep the offensive pressure in the waning moments of the game, as they collected three corners in the final three minutes.
Inside the Box
- Keene State held a 33-7 advantage in shots over Colby-Sawyer, including putting twelve of those shots on goal, while holding the Chargers to just three shots on target.
- In goal, Dylan Berg and Chase Patterson split the 90 minutes of action, making three stops. For the Chargers, Shane Sacks takes the loss despite, he registered his second double-digit saves contest of the season.
- Keene State remains unbeaten in all five matchups against Colby-Sawyer.
- Keene State heads home as they host Rivier University on Tuesday, September 4th, beginning at 7 p.m.
- Colby-Sawyer hits the road again on Wednesday, September 5th to take on Clark University, starting at 7 p.m.