PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Behind two goals from Connor Downey and Anthony Pascuito's third career shutout, the Keene State College men's soccer team defeated Rhode Island College 3-0 in Little East Conference action, Saturday afternoon at Alumni Field.
- Keene State: 6-3-0, 3-0 Little East Conference
- Rhode Island College: 3-4-1, 1-2-0 Little East Conference
How It Happened
Neither team could muster much on the offensive end in the first half. The Anchormen's best chance came in the 42nd minute when a free kick from Dennis Vazquez from roughly 30 yards out was stopped by Anthony Pasciuto. The game was scoreless until the 44th minute. Emmanuel Smith lifted the pass over the Rhode Island College backline, finding Downey who put the ball in the bottom right corner of the net to give the Owls the lead right before the half.
The score would remain the same until the 71st minute as Donovan Harris gave the visitors the 2-0 lead after putting the ball in the back of the net for his first of the season. Downey played the ball down towards the end line finding Jacob Chiza, who crossed it in for Harris. Downey would make it 3-0 Keene State, following a blast from 10 yards out.
Inside the Box
- Pasciuto picked up his third career shutout, lowering his conference-leading goals-against average to 0.22 following one save in today's game.
- In cage for the Anchormen, Charlie Tashjian made five stops.
- The Owls had a 14-8 lead in the shot department, while they also took all four corner kicks in the match.
- With the win, Keene State picks up their 30th win in the all-time series and lead 30-4-2.
- Keene State returns home on Wednesday, October 3rd as they host Worcester State at 7 p.m.
- Rhode Island College will continue Little East Conference action as they play at home against Plymouth State on Monday, October 1st at 4:30 p.m.