KEENE, N.H. – The Keene State College men's soccer team pushed their winning streak to nine games, following a 3-0 victory over Lasell College in non-conference action, Monday evening.
- Keene State: 11-3-0
- Lasell College: 3-10-2
How It Happened
From the opening kick, Keene State applied the pressure on the Lasell back line. The Owls fired the first six shots before Connor Downey found the back of the net for his fourth goal of the season. Vance Bates, who was streaking down the right sideline, centered the ball to Downey rifled the ball into the bottom corner on the cage in the 18th minute. The Lasers would not get their first shot until the 21st minute, where Jake Oullette took a rip but was stopped by Gavin Fitzpatrick.
Lasell had an excellent chance at goal, as Carter Migre's free position shot from 20 yards out sailed high. KSC nearly took a two-goal lead in the 26th minute, as Bates forced a turnover in the offensive end, but he hit the post on the breakaway attempt. Minutes later, the Lasers nearly tied the game with a header, but the play was blown dead due to an offsides call. Jacob Chiza had a scoring chance of his own in the 35th minute, as his shot from inside the box ricochet off the crossbar.
Keene State would expand their lead in the opening minutes of the second half. Donovan Harris sent a through ball past the Lasell back line, letting Samuel Binogono score in the lower left corner. Brandon Castor joined in on the scoring party, as he blocked a goal kick and was able to score in the bottom left corner, making it 3-0 Owls in the 77th minute.
Inside the Box
- Fitzpatrick picks up his second shutout, following a three-save performance.
- Joey Rosa and Jackson Burhans split time in net for the Laser, combining for five saves
- The Owls outshot Lasell 20-4 while having a 7-3 advantage in corner kicks.
- Following Keene State's 3-0 victory, the Owls lead the all-time series 5-0-0.
- KSC has now won nine games in a row, which is the longest winning streak since the 2001 season.
- During their nine-game winning streak, the Owls have outscored their opponents 21-3.
- Keene State returns to Little East Conference action as they take on Castleton on Saturday, October 20th at 7 p.m.
- Lasell returns home as they host Rivier on Wednesday starting at 3 p.m.