Posted: Sep 29, 2018
KEENE, N.H.--The Keene State College men's and women's cross country teams both emerged victorious at the Keene State College Invitational at Owl Athletic Complex on Saturday morning.
- The Keene State women cruised to victory with 21 points, well ahead of second placed Colby-Sawyer, who finished with 57. The Owls placed six runners in the top 10, led by junior Lauren Perkowski, who was the only runner to break 19 minutes, winning in 18:48.
- Keene State also got a third place finish from Laura Dawson in 20:03, while Lynne Hebert was in fourth place in 20:11. Christina Martin was sixth in 20:32, and Alana Olendorf was seventh in 20:36. Brittany Gravallese completed the top-10 finishes with a ninth place nod in 20:44.
- Alexis Cooke (18th, 21:47), Emma Brown (23rd, 23:17), Kara Guinan (35th, 24:56), and Megan Conners (36th, 25:49), completed the KSC runners.
- The Owls had four of the top 10 runners, finishing with 34 points to best second place Fitchburg State, who finished with 48. KSC was led by senior Iid Shiekh-Yusuf, who was the second placed finisher in the race in 27:14.
- Rob St. Laurent was in fourth place in 27:48, with Cameron Stinchfield in sixth place in 27:59 and Gavin Thomas in 10th place in 28:30.
- Zach Coburn (12th place, 28:55), Jacob Whitfield (17th, 29:48), Dylan Richards (21st, 30:38), Alex Medina (32nd, 31:45), and Tristram Patoine (35th, 32:11) rounded out the KSC contingent of runners.
- Fitchburg State's Jacob Movsessian won the individual race in 26:36.